Happy Tuesday everyone!! During the past couple of years as I have gone through my first pregnancy and the beginning stages of motherhood, and my skin has changed completely from what it used to be. With all of the changes to my skin, I have had to develop not only a NEW skincare routine entirely, but also a skincare routine that I really do have to stick to religiously (as I never really had a routine set in stone).
I used to have normal-to-oily, non-sensitive skin, whereas now I have super dry skin that is sensitive to products I didn’t realize you could even be sensitive to!
I have always been interested in skin care and taking care of my skin in healthy and natural ways. I love making homemade masks and scrubs, trying new products, and letting my skin get the TLC it deserves!
So now as my skin has been changing I have been trying to find products that work to cleanse and moisturize my skin.
As of right now I have found a few products that have been helping my skin feel great and look good too!
Starting off with cleansing my skin, I like to go back-and-forth with these two products.
- I like to start off by cleansing my face with the Aveeno Clear Complexion foaming cleanser. I feel like it really cleans my face and gets all of the toxins and dirt off of my face. (I also like to use this in order to remove my makeup.)
- I like to use the Pond’s Cold Cream cleanser at night, usually with my Mia Clarisonic, in order to not only cleanse my skin, but also give me that extra hydration I need during the night.
As for exfoliating the skin, I like using the St. Ives Nourished & Smooth Oatmeal scrub and mask. I will usually use this between 1-3 times a week based on how my skin is feeling over a certain amount of time. I really enjoy using it as a mask. I feel like I am pampering my skin with a fancy, hydrating mask when really is it around 4 dollars!
My skin this winter reached new levels of dryness I had no idea could be could be attained. So giving my skin the hydration it needs is an absolute necessity.
- During the morning after I cleanse with my Aveeno face wash, I like to go in with the Pond’s Clarant B3 Dark Spot Correcting Cream. I do not particularly have any issues with dark spots, but I have been experiencing uneven skin tone, and this product is already working wonders!
- After that I like to finish off with a light layer of the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This is a light lotion that really does help retain moisture in my skin throughout the day. It is also a perfect body lotion in general!
- At night after I finish up with my cream cleanser, I like to go over with a light layer of the Pond’s Clarant B3 Cream again. I apply it to my cheeks, chin and neck. (I try to avoid putting too many products on my forehead.) I skip the Aveeno moisturizer, and instead go over my face with the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater.
This spray gives a nice burst of moisture without being greasy or overbearing. It is just enough of a fine mist to melt into your skin and giving enough hydration to last throughout the night. (I also like to use this instead of Mac Fix Plus with my makeup!)
I am still looking for a serum to start using (preferably one with Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid), so if you have any suggestions, I would love for you to comment down below!
So, there it is! My daily skincare routine (as of right now at least!).
I hope you all enjoyed it, and I will talk to you all in my next post!