Hello! I hope you are having an awesome March and beginning to Spring! Here in New Mexico, I feel like the weather cannot make up its mind. One day it is amazing outside, the next it is snowing. And when it’s not the wind is blowing like nobody’s business!
Something that I have been enjoying that makes it feel like the warmer seasons are upon us is drinking lots of fresh fruit smoothies! Not only do I LOVE it, but baby boy always does a happy dance whenever I drink one!
Here are my 3 Go-To smoothie recipes that I love having on a daily basis!
(Side Note: Not pregnant I would usually have one for breakfast, but being pregnant, I like to have one WITH breakfast!)
The first one is my Green Smoothie!
(Note: Every smoothie I like to start with the same base, either one half of a large banana or a whole, small banana.)
- 1 Banana (Fresh)
- 1 Cup of Frozen Mango
- 1 Cup of Spinach or Kale (Washed)
- Vanilla Coconut Milk (Pour to preference. I like to have my smoothies a little thinner in consistency, so I add more milk. If you would like it thicker for a smoothie bowl instead, add less milk.)
-One of my main tips for making green smoothies is to put the greens closest to the blade. The reason I do this is so that the greens get fully blended and don’t leave little green leafy bits in my smoothie, because no one likes the taste of that!
-The reason I like to add my bananas fresh instead of frozen is because I already have frozen fruit going into the smoothie, so I am already getting that cool and creaminess from the mango here. If I was only adding fresh fruit, I would use a frozen banana.
Up next is my Mixed Berry Smoothie!
Mixed Berry Smoothie:
- 1 Banana
- 1 ¼ Cup of Frozen Mixed Berries (This mix had blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.)
- ½ Cup of Spinach (Easy way to get those greens in!)
- 1 Teaspoon of Chia Seeds (WASHED!! Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants, fiber, protein, & Omega-3’s! Embrace the Chia Seeds people!)
- Vanilla Coconut Milk (Pour to preference.)
-This is a little tarter than my other two smoothies, which I personally love. (The vanilla coconut milk gives it enough sweetness for my taste.) An easy way to keep it healthy while making it a little sweeter would be to add a little honey or maple syrup if you are vegan.
Last is now my Tropical Smoothie!
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup of Frozen Mango
- ½ Cup of Fresh or Frozen Pineapple
- ½ Cup of Fresh Strawberries
- Vanilla Coconut Milk (Pour to Preference)
- I love making this smoothie, especially as the weather begins to warm up. Not only does it give major summer vibes, but now as most of these fruits are coming into season, this smoothie tastes even better!
I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know how you like these smoothies if you decide to try some of these recipes! Tag me over on Instagram or comment below!